$25 advance, $35 door
Buy Tickets Online
From the Promoter
Valid Algonquin College Student ID required with Algonquin Student tickets.
All tickets are final sale. No exchanges, upgrades, or refunds.
Bar Service in the Lobby will begin at 7:00pm.
Started at age 6 to 12 with makeshift drum sets of various and dubious materials (coffee cans, broken arrow sticks, crumpled high voltage signs etc.) by playing to records of Tito Puente and the “Surf Drum” music of Sandy Nelson and The Ventures.
At age 13 witnessed The Beatles premier performance on The Ed Sullivan TV Show, and begged his father for drum lessons. July 15, 1964 began 6 mos. of lessons with Todd Fleicher and Ken Blewer. (Reading, Rudiments, Stick Control and Basic Beats) Plays in garage bands: Blue Glass Radio, The Yarde and Tamalpaias Jungle Mountain Boys through 1968.
– Starts his major in music at Sir Francis Drake High School and College of Marin. Studies concurrently with Chuck Brown on drum set and Lloyd Davis and Roland Kohloff (S.F. Symphony percussionists) on percussion and timpani scholarship. Plays Bartok-Dahl-Cowell & Baroque chamber ensembles- & with the Marin and Napa County Symphonies.
– Plays in rock musicals Godspell and Walking in my Time. Begins playing in local jazz groups with Mark Isham, Peter Maunu, Patrick O’Hearn, Mike Knock, Art Lande, Azteca, Eddie Henderson, Woodie Shaw, Julian Priester, Eric Gravatt, Billy Higgins, Andy Narell, Hadley Calliman, Mel Graves and Mel Martin. Becomes a regular in the Monday Night Jim Dukey Big Band at S.F.’s Great American Music Hall.
Records 1st album on Fantasy Records for Latin trumpeter Luis Gasca, produced by Orin Keepnews with Jack DeJohnette, George Duke, and Joe Henderson.
– Auditions for and joins Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention.Records 1st album w/ Zappa and Captain Beefheart: “Bongo Fury (Live at the Armadillo in Austin, TX)”. During the ensuing 3 years w/Zappa, records over 10 albums, including the premiere of the infamous Black Page which Zappa wrote for Terry, the movie Baby Snakes, and performs on 3 world tours and Saturday Night Live TV appearances.
– Joins The Brecker Brothers with longtime S.F. friend/guitarist Barry Finerty. Tours and records “Heavy Metal Be-Bop”.
-Is dismissed from Zappa as he joins Group 87 w/M.Isham, P.Maunu, P.OHearn and Peter Wolf. Auditions for and gets record deal w/CBS declines membership in the group. Auditioned unsuccessfully for Thin Lizzy.
-Joins UK w/Eddie Jobson & John Wetton replacing Bill Bruford & Alan Holdsworth. Records Danger Money & Night After Night (& w/Group 87 during a break). Tours US twice (supporting Jethro Tull), Europe & Japan. Quits to forms Missing Persons w/ ex-Zappa guitarist Warren Cuccurullo.
-Records Spring Session M, Rhyme & Reason, Color in Your Life, tours US & Europe and appears on numerous videos, TV and Radio shows with MP. Receives Gold Record for “Spring Session M”.
– Leaves MP for Duran Duran’s Andy Taylor, records and performs with same while working on his own solo pop music projects and record co. demos.
– Plays on sessions with Robbie Robertson, Gary Wright, Don Dokken, XYZ, Paul Hyde, Herbie Hancock, Dweezil Zappa, and Richard Marx etc.
– Begins touring as a clinician/solo drummer.
– Records “Solo Drums” (1st instructional video) for WB.
– Makes video of Throwaway with Mick Jagger & Jeff Beck, later joins Beck & keyboardist Tony Hymas to co-write/co-produce and perform on Grammy Award winning album Guitar shop.
– Tours Japan, Europe (& US w/Stevie Ray Vaughn) with Beck, Bozzio & Hymas.
-Tours Japan w/ Beck/Bozzio/Hymas & US co-headlining w/ Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble.
-Birth of firstborn son: Raanen
-Developed ostinato based solo drum compositions and records 2nd instructional videos Melodic Drumming & the Ostinato vols.1, 2, & 3.
Tours Europe w/ Beck/Bozzio/Hymas
-Joins Tony Hymas, Tony Coe (winds), Hugh Burns (guitar) to form and record with the Lonely Bears on “The Lonely Bears”, “Injustice” & “The Bears are Running”, while living off and on in Paris.
-Forms Polytown and records and tours w/David Torn (guitar) & Mick Karn (Bass & winds).
-Releases Solo Drum Music vols.1 & 2 on CD.
Leaves Remo to begin playing Mapex Drums. Issues a Limited Edition (100 units) “Terry Bozzio Signature” Aluminum Snare Drum.
-Performs An Evening of Solo Drum Music (a one man show with a stage full of percussion) at the prestigious Hollywood Palace Theater.
-Releases The Palace Bootleg video.
– Begins to play DW Drums.
-Numerous Tours of US, Australia, Canada & Europe as a “Solo Drum Artist”.
– US Tour w/ Beck/ Bozzio/ Hymas & Pino Palladino on Bass. Co-Headlining w/ Santana
-Records 2 Solo CDs: Drawing the Circle, Chamberworks (for strings/winds/drums & orchestra), Live in Concert video, Duets video & Alternative Duets CDs, with Chad Wackerman.
-Records 10 tracks at home w/ Patrick O’Hearn for duo project (using only percussion).
-Premiers “5 mvts. For Drums/Strings & Winds” from “Chamberworks” with the Vienna Chamber Ensemble at the “Vienna Jazz Festival”.
-Sells out Solo Theater Tour for Mojo Theater Group of Holland.
-Wins Modern Drummer “Hall of Fame” award, “Clinician of the Year” award (twice), Drum Magazine “Drummer of the Year” & “Best Clinician” awards (twice) , Schlagwerkrant Magazine (Holland) “Best Drummer” award & Player Magazine (Japan) “Best Drummer” award.
-Included in Modern Drummer’s “Top 25 Drummers of All Time”.
-Records track “A Glimpse into a Deeply Disturbed Mind” on “Drum Nation” CD for Modern Drummer.
-Invents “Beater Ball Enhancer” instruments, “Piccolo Toms” and “Tunerz” tuning locks for DW, and “Radia” cymbals, bells and gongs for Sabian.
-Performs 3 L.A. shows w/ Missing Persons Reunion (w/out O’Hearn & Wild). Is pleasantly surprised that a Japanese couple had flown in from Tokyo just to see the 3 shows… innocently offers them a ride back to their L.A. hotel, never dreaming that he would some day marry the very same woman!!! (Mayumi Yoshimoto, now Mayumi Bozzio)
-Premiers “Aponovi” by Michael Riessler (winds) and the 20 piece Tyrolian Wind Ensemble, at the Klangspuren Festival in Innsbruck, Austria, and Bolzano, Italy.
-Records Nine Short Films CD with Bassist Billy Sheehan (with Terry singing his own poetry and playing all keyboards).
-Forms a Trio “BPM” with guitarist Alex Machacek & woodwind player Gerald Preinfalk (both from Vienna). Records Delete and Roll CD in Austin, TX.
-Records Bozzio/Mastelotto percussion duet CD w/ King Crimson’s Pat Mastelotto (at Home, Austin TX).
-Asked by Danny Carey to sit in/play with Tool at Erwin Center, Austin TX
-Featured artist at Jeff Beck retrospective concerts w/John McLaughlin, Roger Waters, White Stripes & Paul Rogers.
– Performs w/Mastelotto (& special guest percussionist Hartt Stearns) and a stage full of percussion at One World Theater in Austin
– Recorded and filmed for DVD. Forms outTrio w/ Patrick O’Hearn and Alex Machacek. Performs at Steamboat Club in Austin
– Recorded and filmed for DVD.
– Records w/ Omar Dykes, Tommy Shannon (of Stevie Ray Vaughn’s Double Trouble), Guy Forsythe, Steven Bruton (formerly of Bonnie Raitt and Kris Kristofferson) and with composer Carter Burwell on the film score of “The Alamo” (with Butch Miles: drummer w/ Count Basie).
-2nd sell out solo tour for Mojo Theater Group in Holland.
-Redesigns front and right side of his drum set to include a new set of toms giving him 2 1/3 octaves of a diatonic scale.
-Rearranges stacked chinas and bells in same manner as open chinas to have 3 banks of cymbal/bells that can be played melodically.
-Tours U.S. with Jeff Beck & Tony Hymas in original Guitar Shop Trio on B.B. King/Jeff Beck Blues Festival.
-Records/performs his “Chamberworks” material with Metropole Orchestra in Holland.
– 1/18 – Performs and films show with Pat Mastelotto @ One World Theatre, Austin
– 2/14 – Performs w/ outTrio w/Machacek & O’hearn @Steamboat, Austin (recorded for DVD)
– 2-19 – Guy Forsythe recording session, Austin
– 3-30 to Apr. 9 – Performs 2nd sold out Solo Theater Tour-Netherlands
– 4-10 – Sabian clinic Belgium
– 5/ – adds double row of diatonic tuned toms to right side of tamo ash kit
– 5-20 to 6-10 – DW clinic tour w/diatonic toms
– 7 to 9 – US Tour Jeff Beck/B.B. King
– 10-11 to 10-27 – Metropole Orchestra, Netherlands
– 1/ to 3/ home – Composing/practicing – begins building & using DW/PDP rack & chromatic piccolo toms
– 4/ – Records boogie man w/Omar Dykes
– 4/ – Builds mappa burl VLT kit
– 5/ – “Bleeder” inception (recording & rehearsing) w/Adam Jones/Buzz Osborne/& Pat Mastelotto @ home & One World Theatre, Austin
– 6/ – starts building olive ash burl kit w/new curved rack
– 11/ – records “D3” DVD Bozzio/Wackerman Duets for DW w/ new rack, chromatic piccolo toms & mappa burl drums
– 12/ – mappa burl kit sent to Europe
– 12-12 – One World Theatre w/ Tosca Strings Performance & filmed for DVD (premier of olive ash burl kit)
– 1/- Traces Festival – Tilburg, Holland – performs solo, “Chamberworks” w/Metropole Orchestra & in various ensembles including Master Percussionists Le Quan Ninh & Arnold Marinessen
– 2/ – “Chamberworks” CD w/Metropole Orkestre is released
– 6 to 7 – Fantomas Euro tour
– 7/ – attends Jeff Beck wedding w/Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Jennifer Batten, Robbie Coltrain, Vic Reeves & Pete Richardson
– 7/ – records w/Tony Hymas
– 8/ – DW UK solo tour
– 9/6 to 9/17 – BMW West Coast tour
– 9/26 – records w/ Viv Campbell & Billy Gibbons
– 9/29 – records w/ Warren Cuccurullo
– 10/2 to 5 – drumcore sample recording
– 10/6 to 13 – Warren Cuccurullo recording
– 11/11 – performs at Leberknusen Jazz fest w/Reissler/Charlial & solo
– 11/15 – built 1st “sick jazz” rack.
– 11/26 & 27 – Fantomas Brazil tour
– 1/15 – Performs w/ Outtrio @ NAMM & Baked Potato
– 1/28 – Records w/ RCM & Outtrio
– 1/31 – Invited by Zakir Hussain to Perform 1st tour of India, Singapore, UAE w/Zakir Hussain, Giovanni Hidalgo, Abbos Kazimov
– 2/3 Bombay
– 2/5 Singapore
– 2/7 Dubai
– 2/20 – Madrid – meets w/ conductor/percussionist Josep Vicent to decide program of Bozzio compositions for Amsterdam percussion group (APG)
– 2/22 – Return to L.A.
– 3/4 – Return home to Austin
– 3/11- Performs @ P.A.S. Concert Birmingham, AL.
– 4/? – Records on “Ride Around the World” IMAX movie soundtrack in Austin
– 4/25 to 5/4 – Bozzio/Minniman/Wackerman tour Canada & east coast
– 5/ – Duo performance w/Chad Wackerman for Chicago Drumpad 25th Anniv. DVD
– 5/24 – Performs as special guest w/ Zappa plays Zappa (ZPZ) Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, France
– 6/2 to 6/9 – Performs w/ APG tour Holland
– 6/10 – ZPZ Iceland
– 6/11 to 6/23 – ZPZ east coast-west coast tour (hurt arm on 6/20) (used black kit)
– 6/24 to 7/25 – Home (arm recovery)
– 7/27-29 – Performs w/ Outtrio @ Baked Potato L.A.
– 8/9 – performs @ DW artist day (built & used coca bola kit) (redesigns Piccolo Tom Bank)
– 8/10 – Home
– 10/6 & 7 – performs w/ Outtrio @ Baked Potato L.A. (movingue sick jazz kit)
– 10/18 to 31- ZPZ East Coast tour (w/red gum sick jazz kit) (installed b-band mic’s to picc toms)
– 11/15 – Performs w/APG & DVD filming – tour Holland
– 11/- receives offer to join Korn
– 12/10 to 22 – ZPZ tour & DVD filming
– 12/30 – ZPZ last date @ Cabazon
– 1/2 – Korn studio, recording/writing w/Matrix & Frank Fillipetti
– 1/17 – Inducted into the “Rockwalk” (hands in cement) at Guitar Center Hollywood –
– 1/17 declared “Terry Bozzio day” in Los Angeles
– 1/18 to 30 – Outtrio tour of Japan (on movingue sick jazz kit – now in Japan)
– 2 /1 – Recording & writing w/Korn/Atticus Ross & Frank Filipetti (using cocabola kit)
– 2/15 – Built Ziracote “sick rock” kit @ DW (hand grinds textured designs into torch-burned stainless steel rack (b-band mic’s on picc toms)
– 3/7 – Performs concert w/Zakir Hussain & Giovanni Hidalgo @ One World Theatre, Austin
– 3/27 – Receives notice that Terry is not to be a member of Korn
– 3/28 – Don Lombardi asks Terry to be a co-director & Artist in Residence of “drumchannel.com” a community based, educational and entertainment website for drummers
– 4/1 – Home- grinds rack and rebuilds olive ash burl solo kit
– 5/ – DW drumchannel (installs pintech midi triggers to cocabola solo kit)
– 6/ – Home (installs & experiments w/ midi triggers on all drums)
– 7/ – DW Drumchannel – interviews the legendary Louie Bellison w/ Peter Erskin & Danny Seraphine
– ships coca bola solo kit to Japan for Oct. solo tour
– participates in round table discussion & performance w/Greg Bissonette, Myron Grombacher, Curt Bisquera & Doan Perry for Drumchannel
– 1st recorded solo audio video experiment w/ Don Sidney recording in nearly completed new Drumchannel studio.
-10/ First solo tour of Japan. Records Seven Nights in Japan (14 CD, 3 DVD Box Set Book) & four from ten twenty-nine (CD) available in Japan from andforest.com.
-11/28 to 12/14 – Sabian U.S. Clinic Tour
– 2/14 Moves to L.A. to work full time at drumchannel.com
– 4/23 Interview for Cover Story “Traps” magazine.
– 5/7 – Clinic West L.A. Music
– 7/13 through 19 Solo Performances at PMT Drumfest in the UK
– 10/3 through 16 Buddy Rich Memorial Concert Rehearsals
– 10/17 & 18 Performed w/ Efrain Toro at Buddy Rich Memorial Concert NYC, w/ Neil Peart, Chad Smith, John Blackwell, Tommy Igoe, Nick Rich, Will Lee (1st live stream for drumchannel.com, & filmed for DVD)
– 10/19 through 11/2 Sabian Clinic Tour US
– 11/7 Moves possessions & percussion from Austin to L.A.
– 11/16 through 29 Special Guests Tour of Japan w/ Billy Cobham, Tom Coster, Akira Jimbo, Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto & Allan Holdsworth
Bozzio says, “This tour was when I fell in Love with Mayumi! In a few days, I knew for the first time in my life I wanted to get married to her!”
– 1/25 Drum Magazine Festival Japan, Solo Performance
– 4/25 Duo Performance w/ pianist Febian Resa Pana at STB-139 Tokyo, Japan
– 4/26 through 5/2 Solo Performance Tour, Japan
– 6/8 Marries Mayumi Yoshimoto, in Ventura, CA. Becomes step father of Mayumi’s Drummer/Daughter, Marina.
– Release of Buddy Rich Memorial DVD & Evolution of Tony Royster Jr. DVD (w/Performances by Terry Bozzio & Dennis Chambers)
– 6/16 Starts hosting his own show: “The Art of Drumming” (streaming live show on drumchanel.com, Tuesdays@ 6pm PST) with one on one guest interviews & playing.
– 8/16 Solo Performance, Zappanale Festival, Bad Doberan, Germany
– 8/19 Solo Performance, Paradiso, Amsterdam
– Release of The Drummers of Frank Zappa DVD (Roundtable Discussion & Jam w/ Ruth Underwood, Chester Thompson, Ralph Humphrey, Chad Wackerman & Terry Bozzio
– 9/19 Solo Performance, Explorer’s Percussion Anniversary, w/Danny Carey & Alok Dutta
– 9/26 Solo & Trio Performance @ Drum Summit, Bonn, Germany w/Michael Reissler & Vincent Courtois. 1st Solo Performance in Opole, Poland.
– 10/20 Clinic Drummer’s Choice, Toronto
– 11/6 through 11/21 Japan Tour w/ Efrain Toro & Chad Wackerman
– 12/ Chad Smith Show w/ Kenny Arnoff
– 12/28 Art of Drumming w/ Peter Erskin
– 1/2 West Coast Tour w/Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto & Allan Holdsworth
– 1/15 NAMM performance Sabian Live w/Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto & David Torn
– 2 & 3 drumchannel.com, hosting Mike Portenoy, Zigaboo, Joe Hardy, Brandon Saller (Atreyu), Alex Acuna (Acuna, Hoff, Mathisen Trio), Brooks Wackerman. Edits performance & discussion of Efrain Toro, Alex Acuna & Terry Bozzio for upcoming DVD release.
– 4 Bozzio/Holdsworth/Levin/Mastelotto European Tour
– 6 – Japan Business Trip
– 7 – LAMA – Drummers Reality Camp w/ Jim Keltner, Ralph Humphrey, Efrain Toro, Alex Acuna, Peter Erskin, Teddy Campbell. DC show w/ Mike Clark.
– 8 – DC shows & DVD w/ Gannin Arnold & Zigaboo Modileste. Ventura Star Newspaper Interview.
– 9 – Release of Melodic Drumming & the Ostinato 1,2 & 3 on DVD, DC Hammerax shoot. Interview w/ Brazillian Drum Mag.
– 10 – Sabian US Clinic Tour
– 11 – Tromp Percussion Festival & The Bigger Bang Performance w/ Mamady Keita, Luis Conte, & drummers of Ojos de Brujo in Eindhoven, Holland. DC live show w/ Steve Smith & Raga Bop.
– 12 – Japan Business Trip met w/ many drummers & groups: Tatsuya Nakamura, DW Distributors Moridaira (Fujino Sakai, Kenji Imai, Mineto Yamaguchi), Roland Rep. Hiroyuki Nishi, Rhythm Mag. Editor Daisuki Matsumoto, Japanese Navy Band Directors & Percussionists. Turns 60 years old on Dec. 27, 2011 in Yokosuka, Japan.
– 1 – Hosts DC Live w/ Cobus Potgieter. Covers & Interviews Ari Gold & Adrian from Entourage at DVD release of “The Adventures of Power” (the air-drumming movie). Signs DW snaredrum for VH1 Save the Music auction to support music in schools for the tie-in w/the movie.
– 2 – Sets up Ziracote Big Kit in Green Screen Room at DC to do Art of Drumming Live Lessons. Interview for Gannin Arnold DVD. DC Show w/ Dave Etilich (The Mars Volta). Bruges, Belgium Solo Concert for Come On, Beat It! Festival.
– 3 – TB’s first Art of Drumming Free Live Lessons on Big Kit (drumchannel.com every Mon. & Wed. @ 4 PM PST). Live Lesson w/ Collin Bailey. Mike Cosgrove (Alien Ant Farm/ Mystery Schools) Lesson. The reunion of outTrio w/ Alex Machacek, Doug Lunn & Terry Bozzio at the Baked Potato Mar. 24 & 25. DC Live w/ Mike Cosgrove & Mystery Schools. DC Live w/ Chad Zeliga (Breaking Benjamin),Danny Seraphine & Jimmy Chamberlain were surprise guests.
-4 – DC Live Show w/ Chad Szeliga – More DC TB Art of Drumming Live Lessons w/ solos – Mick Mars @ DC, working towards Mick’s possible future solo album – DC Live Show w/ Matt Halpern & Raanen Bozzio
– 5 -Terry Bozzio w/ Mark Isham, Jeff Babko & Doug Lunn@ South Pasadena Eclectic Music Fest. May 7, 2011 8pm. outTrio w/ Terry Bozzio / Alexander Machacek / Doug Lunn @ The Baked Potato, Studio City, CA May 21 & 22, 2011- DC Live w/ American Idol’s Rex Hardy – DC LIVE SHOW w/ Rich Redmond – Terry Bozzio’s Art of Drumming DC Live lessons w/ solos.
– 6 – TRAP Benefit – DC LIVE SHOW w/ ALIEN ANT FARM – Terry Bozzio LIVE Clinic show for LAMA Drummers Reality Camp students – Terry Bozzio’s Art of Drumming DC Live lessons w/ solos.
– 7 – OutTrio perform at the Iridium in NYC sell out 3 nights & the Regatta Bar in Boston – DC Live w/ Stanton Moore & Gil Sharone – Terry Bozzio’s Art of Drumming DC Live lessons w/ solos.
– 8 – DC LIVE – Thomas Pridgen & The Memorials – TB Headlines DRUM Mag’s DRUM NIGHT FESTIVAL, San Jose CA – Terry Bozzio’s Art of Drumming DC Live lessons w/ solos.
– 9 – TB Hosts Sabian Cymbal’s “Player’s Choice” – DC LIVE SHOW w/ Trevor Lawrence Jr – Terry Bozzio’s DC Live lessons w/ solos.
– 10 – TB shoots AKG Mic’ing Lesson – Appears @ Victor Salazar’s “Vic’s Drums” Grand Opening in Chicago – 10/26/11 Peggy Bozzio, Terry’s beloved Mother Passes – Terry Bozzio’s Art of Drumming DC Live lessons w/ solos.
– 11 – OutTrio @ Baked Potato Jimmy Johnson joins on bass – Terry Bozzio’s Art of Drumming DC Live lessons w/ solos.
– 12 – TB shoots new instructional & performance DVD @ DC for Rittor Music (DRUM MAG JAPAN), look for Jan. or Feb. release & promotional tour of Japan in 2012.
– 1 – Terry Receives Guitar Center’s “Drum Legends” Award w/ Kiss’ Peter Kriss & Performs w/ outTrio at Club Nokia L.A. – attends 2012 NAMM show for Sabian & DW – Terry’s Big Kit is displayed at DW booth – OutTrio @ Baked Potato (pick of the week from L.A. Weekly’s Jazz writer Tom Meek) – Hosts Zoro on DC Live – Hosts DC LIVE – Winner of 2012 GC Drum Off – w/ JP Bouvet – Terry Bozzio’s Art of Drumming DC Live lessons w/ solos. DrumChannel.com wins Drum Magazines “Drummie” Award for Best Educational Website.
– 2 – TB interviews the legendary drummer from Pink Floyd: Nick Mason, on DrumChannel. Jams & interviews Chad Wackerman for the release of Chad’s new CD: Dreams, Nightmares & Improvisations.
– 3 – TB hosts Jason Bitner (Shadows Fall) & Hiroyuki Hayashida & his Taiko Drumming Troupe from Japan on Drumchannel.com. TB continues his Live Lessons on The Art of Drumming series.
– 4 – TB interviews Ken Scott, the legendary producer/engineer from the Beatles, Bowie, Billy Cobham & Missing Persons. TB is interviewed by PRI. Begins US & Canada reunion tour with UK (Bozzio/Wetton/Jobson).
– 5 – UK Tour US (Bozzio/Wetton/Jobson)
– 6 – UK Tour Japan (Bozzio/Wetton/Jobson)
– 7 – TB Solo Performance Club Citta, Kawasaki. TB Masterclass Drum Station Ikebe, Tokyo.
– 8 – Hosts Jeff Hamilton & Stanton Moore on Drumchannel. TB live Lessons.
Alex Acuna/Terry Bozzio Percussion Duo at Baked Potato.
– 9 – TB / Sabian Players Choice Cymbals, US & Canada Clinic Tour. TB hosts the Drummers of Blue Man Group on Drumchannel.
– 10 – TB Japan Tour: Osaka, Nagoya & Rhythm & Drums Festival in Tokyo. TB Euro Tour & 2 shows w/ Tony Levin’s Stickmen @ Frankfurt Jazz & Opole Drum Festival Week, Poland.
– 11 – TB hosts Dr. Peter Alexander Thoegersen (drummer/composer/dr. of music) on Drumchannel. Jams w/ Chad Wackerman at MI Hollywood for Jammit Roundtable Discussion w/ Don Lombardi, Eddie Kramer, Steve Stevens & Steven Perkins.
– 12 – TB w/outTrio @ Baked Potato. Begins series on Harmony for Drums in Live Lessons as part of the continuing series “The Art of Drumming” on Drumchannel.com. Celebrates 62nd Birthday.
– 1 – TB Ranks #5 in Rolling Stones: 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time
TB Ranks #9 in Esquire Magazines “Ten Craziest Drummers Ever”
DrumChannel.com wins Drum Magazines “Drummie” Award for Best Educational Website (for second time!).
TB performs @ Smith Center Las Vegas w/ Ubershalle (drummers of Blue Man Group). TB performs @ UCSD w/ out Trio. TB hosts GC Drumoff finalists & winner Juan Carlos Mendoza, and Hungarian phenom Gergo Borlai on Drumchannel. Live Lessons Art of Drumming series on Drumchannel.
– 2 – TB Tours Mid West w/ Tom Shelley on Perc. (Tom is also the head of Universal Percussion who make my ATTACK TB Signature Drum Heads).
-3- UK cruise, Miami & Panama
-6- Sweetwater gear fest solo performance/ jam w/ Billy Sheehan
-10- 2nd sold out Solo European tour
-12- Ikebe Christmas solo performance
-1- Solo show @ stb139, Tokyo, Japan
-2- Ikebe Masterclass, Japan
-3- Completes filming his life’s work: “The Art of Drumming” book & video educational series on “Exploring the Rhythmic, Melodic, Harmonic, Dynamic, Orchestrational & Compositional Techniques of Music as Applied to the Drum Set”
-6- Scenefour art & sketch project terrybozzioart.com
Hosts Clayton Cameron DrumChannel.com show
-7- Duo w/ Alex Acuna for LAMA @ DC
Performs with Brecker Bros. Heavy Metal BeBop Band Reunion European Tour
-8-9-10 – 1st Public North American Solo Tour (50th Anniversary of 1st drum lesson on 7/15/1964)
-11- West Japan Solo Tour
-11- Performs with Brecker Bros. Heavy Metal BeBop Band Reunion Japan Tour at Club Citta, Kawasaki Jazz Fest.
1- Bozzio Signs Solo Record Deal Contract with Japanese Record Co: Ward Records, to release “Terry Bozzio Composer Series”.
2- Landmark Tower Studio DVD filming of Solo for Composer Series
4- Clinic Tour w/ Tom Shelley of Universal Percussion.
7- Prototype development in Ohio with Tom Shelley of Universal Percussion.
8- Solo Performance at Catalina Jazz in Hollywood on 22 Aug
10-North Japan Solo Tour (Akita, Aomori & Hokkaido-Otaru) Drum Tech: Mitsutaka “Michi” Edakawa
10-European Solo Tour / Drum Tech: Michel Weekhout
12- West Japan Solo Tour / Drum Tech: Mutsutaka”Michi” Edakawa
12- “Terry Bozzio – Composer Series” Box Set, Music, Art & CD/DVD Project Release Event at Gibson Showroom, Tokyo December 18th, 2015
12/27- Bozzio Celebrates 65th Birthday.
1 /4 & 1/6 – Sold out solo shows at Tokyo (Jan 04) & Osaka(Jan 06) Billboard Live Official Drum Tech: Mutsutaka “Michi” Edakawa
1/19 – Onkyo Japan for fitting Terry with some new in-ears.
1/21 – TV interview with his daughter Marina (drummer with ALDIOUS) on “Masa Ito’s Rock TV!” On Air: 2/13/2016
Mixing & editing Brecker Bros Heavy Metal Bebop Reunion live ’04 in Japan CD
Painting, practicing & composing & Personal rehearsal for History of Terry Bozzio show in Japan
5/14 – History of Terry Bozzio show in Japan w/ Japanese Musicians (filmed for DVD & TV BS Fuji).
This day, The two best drum techs in the whole world! Together at last! Michel Weekhout & Terry have worked together exclusively in Europe for over 22 years and Michi Edakawa and Terry have worked in Japan for more than 10 years.
6/22 – Release of Brecker Bros Heavy Metal Bebop Reunion live ’04 in Japan 2-CD set
-August, September & October-
U.S. Tour 2016 “An Evening With Terry Bozzio”
Official Drum Tech: Michel Weekhout
Published 360⁰ view of “Terry Bozzio’s Big Drum Kit”.
For the full breakdown of the whole kit visit at: terrybozzio.wpengine.com/about-terry/...
Terry Bozzio To Issue Unreleased Tracks! New rare and unreleased music available digitally via his official website!
Terry Bozzio “Black Page” ICON Snare Drum Release
PAYING TRIBUTE TO FRANK ZAPPA’S INFAMOUS DRUM COMPOSITION
Written expressly for Terry Bozzio, “The Black Page” has become the stuff of legend among the drumming community. The notorious notation is laser-etched into Exotic White Birdseye Maple and the titles and iconic Zappa mustache is hand-inlaid with dyed-black Pearwood on this limited edition snare drum. The snare drum also features an 11-ply North American Hard Rock Maple shell. Also outfitted with special REMO Black Suede® heads and black nickel hardware, this limited edition drum comes complete with deluxe DW carrying case, certificate of authenticity, and Mr. Bozzio’s signature. Only 250 will be made worldwide.
A portion of all proceeds will be donated to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
To learn more, visit: dwdrums.com/limited/#FZicon
-February- & -March-
Terry was painting and composing in Japan for SCI Art show, his Solo Project and the music for Poet Todd Griese.
4/25 to 4/28
Terry Bozzio at Take2 Rock’n Roll Reality with Paul Gilbert
5/8 – Terry hosts George Marsh on DrumChannel for his Art of Drumming Show
5/27 – ARTS ALIVE FESTIVAL 2017 @ SCI in Old Town Camarillo CA.
TERRY BOZZIO & TODD GRIESE
6/7 – Bozzio performed at Drumchannel for the Chad Smith Show w/ The master: Jim Keltner
6/23 – Terry plays at Sweeter Gearfest with DW’s John Good
7/1 – Terry Bozzio and poet Todd Griese
Art, Music & Poetry @ SCI in Old Town Camarillo CA.
Terry Bozzio performed live and Todd read to Terry’s music.
Release of new CD ” No work No food”
Their new CD of Todd’s poetry that Terry composed music too, Terry’s original art, limited edition prints & Todd’s poetry on Terry’s art.
7/1 – 7/29 Terry Bozzio Art Gallery open
7/10 – Terry hosts Master Cuban drummer Jimmy Brandy on DrumChannel for his Art of Drumming Show.
In preparation for the upcoming relaunch of the new, improved DrumChannel.com
THE BRECKER BROTHERS BAND REUNION
featuring RANDY BRECKER, ADA ROVATTI, BARRY FINNERTY, NEIL JASON & TERRY BOZZIO
Official Drum Tech: Mitsutaka “Michi” Edakawa
9/20 & 9/21 – Cotton Club Tokyo in Japan
9/23 & 9.24 – Blue Note Tokyo in Japan
-October & November-
Europe Tour 2017 / “An Evening With Terry Bozzio”
Official Drum Tech: Michel Weekhout